Thursday, January 7, 2010

Terminology

If you've actually been reading my blog, you'll see that I will sporadically use Korean terminology. For those of you don't understand the random words I'm saying, I am here to explain them. (Some of the spelling might be off. I'm using the spelling I normally see on the subbed videos I watch.)

umma = mother (informal, usually used by kids)
appa = father (informal, usually used by kids)
hyung = older boy (used by boys)
oppa = older boy (used by girls)
noona = older girl (used by boys)
unni = older girl (used by girls)
dongsaeng = younger boy/girl (used by both genders)
sunbae = senior, superior, elder
hoobae = junior
aegyo = cuteness, acting cute
jjang = the best, coolest (Not to be confused with Jjong, which is Jonghyun's nickname. Jjong, however, is also very jjang! lol)
daebak = big win, success
omo = Korean equivalent of OMG

And for those of you who don't know, each idol group has their own fan club and each fan club has it's own name.

This is the only compiled list of names I could find. (Some of them are incorrect.)
http://kpoprants.wordpress.com/2009/08/13/%E2%96%BA%E2%96%BAwhats-your-fan-club-tag/

I'm a Shawol (SHINee), Hottest (2PM), I AM (2AM), VIP (Big Bang), Blackjack (2NE1), A-Plus [A+] (MBLAQ), and whatever f(x)'s fans are going to be called.

That's it for the terminology for now. I'll put this in a link thing in the side menu.

No comments:

Post a Comment